We’re celebrating the New Year and also another year in Germany! On January 10th we’ll have been here for two years. In some ways it feels like much longer and in other ways it feels like we’ve just arrived.
It has been a year of saying goodbye to some students and families, meeting others, and getting know many of them in a much deeper way. It has been amazing to be a part of what God in doing in this community and an honor that He would include us in the process.
Personally, it has been a year celebration and challenges, most of which have been wrapped in a now almost 10 month old. Julie and I are learning what it means to parent two children and Will is doing an incredible job of fulfilling his role as big brother. Caroline’s big accomplishments include eating somewhat solid foods, sitting up, learning to clap, and by the time you read this she may be crawling…on purpose and with direction. Go ahead and take a moment to pray for us. Besides being big brother, Will continues to correct our German pronunciation and has joined a German soccer team where his Fußball skills are…developing.
As we move into 2014, we’re looking forward to…
- Learning more German
- Brice deepening relationships with his middle school boys basketball team
- Introducing students to Christ while serving those in poverty in Croatia
- Attending fiercely competitive 5-6 year old soccer matches
- Chasing after a progressively more mobile Caroline
- Drawing closer to our loving God and following His lead